29. Laugh it up! Laughing can actually help keep your metabolism in high gear. The more you laugh and the more heartier that laughter is, the better for your health.
30. Use honey and cinnamon. The combination of honey and cinnamon can have a surprising effect on your metabolism. It simply involves adding the two together in a sort of tea, and drinking at certain times of the day. See more about the benefits of cinnamon and honey to your metabolism.
31. Get into the juicing craze. Blending up organic fruits and vegetables into a tasty juice is a surefire way to get your metabolism going, and flood the body with the nutrients it craves daily.
32. Drink plenty of water. Dehydration is one of the biggest culprits for a compromised metabolism. Drink enough water each day and you’ll be giving your organs and the rest of your body what they need to do their job.
33. Use more ginger. Ginger has a cleansing effect on the body, and this can lead to an improved metabolism. You can grate fresh ginger onto a meal, or use powdered ginger in a smoothie or soup.
34. Consider a kelp supplement. Kelp supplements contain iodine, which is essential for proper thyroid health. Getting your thyroid in order is a major step toward realizing the full potential of your metabolism.
35. Eat grass-fed beef. Organic grass-fed beef contains far more CLA in it than grain-fed beef, which will help you burn fat. Grain-fed beef, by comparison, is going to contain antibiotics and growth hormones that are designed to fatten up the cows.
36. Get a massage. Releasing blocked energy will help your metabolism, and a massage works at doing just that. The deeper the massage, the more they’re getting to stored up negative energy. Try a deep tissue massage or rolfing for a better metabolism without much in the way of effort on your part.
37. Take an L-arginine supplement. L-arginine may be able to stimulate your metabolism into action. It’s an important amino acid that is required by the body, and will help you build lean muscle that translates to a more efficient metabolism.
38. Get an acupuncture treatment. Ask your acupuncturist to help you out with your metabolism and they’ll work on specific points that are linked to your metabolism.